Friday, March 5, 2010

Birthday Bashes with Homemade Cakes!











I wanted to post some pictures of cakes I've made for my kids' birthdays in the past few months. My daughter turned seven in October, and we had a huge Halloween party for her. I made a 3-D Black Widow spider cake and I really had fun with it. I used pretzel rods covered in black frosting for the hairy spider legs, and used round cake molds to make the two parts of the body.

When my son turned four in February, I made a dinosaur-themed cake to celebrate his current obsession with the extinct creatures. It was so cool, and I had so much fun making it! Baking their birthday cakes really is the highlight of throwing their enormous parties! Guests enjoy looking at my creations, and REALLY seem to like the taste (not to brag or anything)! =)

Who says going vegan means giving up awesome-looking and -tasting desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment